Disclaimer: The image is for representation purposes only. The packaging you receive might vary.
A Shankh Facial Massage is a natural alternative therapy that involves gently rubbing the skin with a Shankh (conch) as a facial tool to improve blood circulation. This technique offers a unique approach to stimulating pressure points on the face, neck, and shoulders. The Massage involves using long or short strokes and circular moments.
There are numerous benefits of Shankh facial massage other than stimulating the micro-circulation on the tender skin, below we have listed a few.
- Shankh Massage Increases Blood Flow
Just like how the blood flow increases when you do a set of jumping jacks or push-ups, the moment of a quick facial massage using Shankh sends a surge of blood and oxygen to your skin. This increase in the blood flow will help detoxify the skin thus flushing out waste and toxins and keeping your skin fresh & clean (both in and out). More oxygen is sent to the skin, more collagen production and cell growth, resulting in a smooth, naturally dewy, and glowing complexion.
- Shankh Massage Treats Dullness and Dryness
Since a Shankh facial massage increases circulation and improves lymphatic function, it helps in treating dullness and dryness. The action of gently scraping Shankh across the skin help in the penetration of serum/moisturizer or any product you put on your skin. Therefore those juicy phytonutrients go deeper into the layers of skin feeding us even more hydration and showing better results.
- Shankh Massage Reduces Puffiness of The Skin and Under Eye Bags
The lymphatic system in your body acts as a bouncer and guards your system. It is a part of your immune system which helps in distributing white blood cells (infection fighters) and good nutrients throughout the body while filtering out waste material like excess water, and bacteria via lymph fluid. Because the lymphatic system doesn’t have a built-in pump, it relies on muscle movement, respiration, and gravity to ship the lymph fluids from one area to another area of the body to be filtered.
As you age, this filtration system gets compromised due to various factors (lack of sleep, high blood pressure, hormonal changes, and skin issues like acne, allergies, eczema, etc.) and can leave your skin looking a tad inflated.
The sweeping directional movements of the Shankha and the pressure used as the tool is pressed against the skin, can act as that missing pump necessary to improve lymphatic drainage, thus reducing puffy skin and under-eye bags.
- Shankh Massage Fights Acne and Acne Scars
Shankh facial massage also helps in preventing and clearing acne, decongesting the skin, and lessening inflammation. Shankh, thanks to its composition, can reduce flare-ups, redness, and the size of the acne by moving congestion and improving circulation. But, make sure you are not rubbing Shankh on broken skin and pustules.
As Shankh brings fresh blood to the surface of the skin, it helps in renewing skin cells, hence reducing the visibility of acne scars. For more effective and quick results you can use Shankh on a serum or oil that can combat acne and reduce acne scars.
- Shankh Massage Prevents The Signs of Aging
Regular usage of Shankh as a massage tool on the face can prevent the signs of aging like sagging, dullness, fine lines, and wrinkles. A Shankh helps in relaxing stiff muscles and tissues, thus smoothening out aging signs.
- Shankh Massage Can Sculpture The Face
The unique shape of Shankh works perfectly to sculpt, lift, and tighten the skin. Since the technique itself stimulates circulation and oxygenates it carries nutrients to the skin cells. The increased blood flow resulting from Shankh contributes to a more lively, plumped-up, and youthful appearance.
Shankh facial massage can be done by a professional therapist or by yourself as a DIY. The Massage involves using long or short strokes and circular moments. View the chart in images for more information.
For more information please click on, https://rkaroma.com/blogs/our-journal/shankha-facial-massage-blog-by-sowmya-cherukuri
- Mollusks generally build their shells in three layers. The outermost layer called periostracum is derived mostly from protein, chiefly quinone-tanned protein but also some chitin. This layer makes up a little portion of the total shell material. The inner layers are composed of calcium carbonate.
- The chemical compound of calcium carbonate composes of Calcium, Carbon, and oxygen (chemical formula - CaCO3). Calcium plays an important role in maintaining your skin’s health. It helps in replacing the old skin cells with the new ones. Not only this, but calcium also prevents dry skin & dead skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It works with the epidermis (skin’s outermost layer) to produce sebum. Sebum is a natural skin coating substance that is responsible for maintaining its natural moisture.
Here’s how to use Shankh as a facial massage tool in brief.
- Tie your hair up or wear a headband to make sure your hair won’t be falling on your face.
- Cleanse your skin with a mild facial cleanser. For better results use RK’s Aroma’s Chamomile Face Wash or Tea Tree Face Wash.
- Now, take a few drops of RK’s Aroma Fountain of Youth and spread it evenly to form a thin layer on your face. Why Fountain of Youth, you ask? The facial oil is an ancient blend of essential oils that promises to restore glowing, younger-looking skin.
- Stroking upwards from the collar bone to the jaw bone.
- Rub in circular movements on the chin cleft.
- Stroking of the Jaw from the center of the chin towards the ears.
- Stroking of the Cheeks towards the ears.
- Gently stroke upwards to the Nose laying emphasis on the corners, up to the sides of the nose.
- Circling of the Eye stroke under and above the eyes.
- Stroking of the Forehead.
- Rocking Movement - Placing the shankh between the nose and lips. Starting from the center of the upper lip towards the temples.
- Shoulder Effleurage - Lightly stroke upwards from the center of the chest and towards the shoulder bone. Repeat several times.
- After the massage, wipe off all the excessive oil from the face.
It is advised for personal hygiene to wipe the Shankh after every use and preferably to be used by an individual person only. (Please refer to the images on the left) A Method of Facial Massage based on Lymphatic Drainage developed by Prakash Shivdasani of Rk’s Aroma.
The treatment can be done by a professional therapist or by yourself (DIY).
Ethically Sourced, 100% Natural Products
Environmentally-conscious products infused with the highest grade essential oils.
Purity in Every Drop
Our goal is to provide you with the
very best quality and 100% purity in every single one of our products.
Our formulations are tested for 100% purity, safety, and quality so you can rest assured that you’re getting the very best.
Natural & Certified